Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday in 2020. So it’s the perfect year to take your special someone on a long Valentine’s lunch date. There are many hard thought considerations that go into planning your special event; perhaps something not too formal, but not too casual either? Location is always important as you really want to impress your date with Sydney’s spectacular views. And what about food; it’s often not the occasion to indulge in a King’s feast. But you want the dining experience to be memorable.
Decisions, decisions. Deckhouse provides the perfect backdrop for a romantic lunch. The ambience is upscale but not formal. The waterfront venue is light and bright with jaw-dropping views of Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Harbour bridge. Our friendly staff are there to ensure your experience is seamless and memorable. And well, the food, we’ll let that speak for itself.
Our executive chef Anthony Naylor has 5 dishes he knows will compliment your romantic lunch perfectly.
Here are our chef’s selections for Valentine’s Day:
1. Ocean trout poke, witlof, avocado, chilli, lime, coriander
2. Maple-glazed pork belly, shallot puree, pickled daikon, celery, shiso
3. Baked zucchini, ricotta, confit tomato, capers, salsa verde, sourdough crumb
4. Riverina sirloin steak, shitake mushroom, puy lentils, charred onion
5. Chocolate mousse, cherry ice cream, pistachio, cocoa nib tuille, crispy cherry
Now of course if you’re planning to take things to the next level and pop the big question, we’re here to help. Get in touch and we’ll gladly set the stage for your secret mission. Did we mention we host weddings too? Meantime, book in for lunch at Deckhouse on Feb 14th. You will be well looked after.
Don’t forget to leave a comment with your favourite dish below. We would love to hear from you 👇